Word of Mouth Marketing Association Fifth Annual Summit Showcases Next and Best Practices in Social Marketing
Word of Mouth and Social Media Marketing Conference in Las Vegas November 17-19
CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwire - September 23, 2010) - The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) announced today the agenda for the WOMMA Summit 2010 conference in Las Vegas, November 17-19. WOMMA Summit 2010 is the official word of mouth marketing industry conference, focusing on creating talkable brands through next and best practices in word of mouth and social media marketing.
The WOMMA Summit 2010 is a learning community for all brands, agencies, and media marketers who want to help their companies navigate the complex waters of word of mouth and social media marketing. Attendees will gain knowledge in the latest industry happenings and learn the best practices of other companies that could become their next practices.
WOMMA Summit 2010 speakers will cover a variety of topics surrounding creating talkable and social brands through word of mouth and social media marketing. Agenda highlights include:
- Josh Bernoff, SVP, Idea Development, Forrester Research, is the opening keynote speaker. Josh's talk will examine the quantitative underpinnings of word of mouth marketing and how companies can embrace it.
- Jeremiah Owyang, Partner, Altimeter Group, will speak about the future of social business.
- WOMMA is partnering with ultimate word of mouth company TOMS Shoes to host a "Style Your Sole Party" where attendees will network with their peers, all the while helping a child in need. More information about TOMS Shoes: http://www.toms.com/
- The WOMMA Membership Ethics Advisory Panel (MEAP) will hold a panel discussion about the FTC guidelines and word of mouth and social media ethics and best practices.
- More than 50 sessions and real world case studies presented by successful brands.
Last Year's Highlights
- "Fun and informative. I learned more in three days than in the last month. I loved being able to network with people who understand the value of social marketing. The conference was first-rate, and I felt really pampered by all the goodies and parties. I can't wait to attend next year!" - Dana DeLapi, Social Marketing Manager at Rasmussen College
- "One of the best conferences I've attended all year. The content was outstanding and the networking opportunities are top-notch. If you're responsible for viral marketing, the WOMMA Summit is a must-attend event." - Kristin Hersant, Vice President of Corporate Marketing at StrongMail
- "Extremely helpful regarding the value of word of mouth and how it can be measured. It also helps me keep abreast of what my competitors are doing and how our program compares." - Dave Clark, President & CEO at TALK Marketing Enterprises Inc.
WOMMA, http://womma.org, is the leading trade association in the marketing and advertising industries that focuses on word of mouth, consumer-generated and social media platforms -- or marketing techniques that include buzz, viral, community, and influencer marketing as well as brand blogging. The organization is committed to developing and maintaining appropriate ethical standards for marketers and advertisers engaging in such marketing practices, identifying meaningful measurement standards for such marketing practices, and defining "best practices" for the industry.
Founded in 2005, WOMMA currently has approximately 300 members. They include marketers and brands that use word of mouth marketing to reinforce their core customers and to reach out to new consumers, agencies that deliver word-of-mouth services and technologies, researchers that track the word of mouth experience and offline and online practitioners.